|Average Customer Review|
The receiver does offer a really good listening experience for a very light (and presumably efficient) unit. Pioneer does a great job at offering several different presets of how to listen to your content. I also like that each input maintains it’s own setting. There is a plethora of logical adjustments that are easy to understand and implement including display changes. Pioneer really did a great job with the software on this model, and for the price I couldn’t be any happier.
This av receiver is 15% off on Amazon. Click here to take advantage of this huge discount!
I’d highly recommend this to anybody who has multiple inputs of various formats, who enjoys simple setup and operation, who has a less than ideal speaker setup, and who requires a smaller footprint.
Here are some great features of the Pioneer VSX-1020-K:
- “Works with iPhone”-certified, USB/Composite video cable included; free iControlAVR iPhone app available for control of receiver with iPhone
- Support for latest HDMI spec (3-D ready) with 1080p upscaling, plus DTS-HD®, Dolby® TrueHD, and Dolby Pro Logic IIz
- Multi-zone configuration (7.1-channel, or 5.1 + 2)
- Full-color GUI with Advanced Sound Retriever
- Bluetooth® ready (with AS-BT100 adapter, sold separately)
- Front USB connectivity provide iPod, touch, and iPhone users ultimate plug-and-play integration of their Apple products with their home theater
- Simple connectivity to high-performance HD video, HD audio, portable, internet, wireless, and analog components
- The latest version of HDMI inputs and outputs provide more HD connectivity options with “future-proof” 3-D capability
- 1080p video conversion and upscaling ensures the highest quality video from any source
Gizmodo already called this the best receiver can buy, saying the 1020 “hit the sweet spot” that gave the most bang for buyer’s buck. So if you’re considering buying a new receiver to replace old one or are buying for the first time, I would highly recommend this excellent receiver. The only negatives of note for me is that the little front port cover is a little cheap. It’s not even a door, simply a little plastic piece that pops out if you push one side.
Here’s what one of the owners had to say about the Pioneer VSX-1020-K:
Check out the Pioneer VSX-1020-K for yourself. On top of the basics, you’ll find that it has more options that you can imagine. Pioneer is truly giving you a lot of receiver for a modest amount of cash. Did I mention that the VSX-1020-K has great sound? (I. Haas)
Pioneer VSX-1020-K Review by AV Receiver Reviews